- Work on your self esteem. It's easier to become jealous of people around you if you aren't happy with yourself. Accept and work on your flaws, love and enchance your good points. Don't automatically think you're ugly or unlucky. Train your mind to think positive thoughts about yourself and your life. If you're really unhappy about something about yourself, do something. If you hate the way you're really bad at sports, start training yourself to be more co-ordinated and fit. If you get upset about the way you're too nervous to do public speeches, start practising in front of your friends and family and take up a course.
- Work out if there is something specific you want. Maybe you're only jealous because your best friend has the exact handbag or hairdo you've always wanted. Maybe you're jealous because your best mate is in the best soccer team or has a cool car. If you find something that could be the root of your jealousy, do something about it. Decide whether to do something-get the same/similar handbag or hairdo, work on your soccer skills or save up for a car-or just let go and forget about it.
- Write down a list of the things you have. A lot of people honestly don't realise how much they have. You could be miserable and think you have nothing because your crush likes your best friend instead, while forgetting to be grateful about the fact that you're family is more loving than theirs, you're allowed out later, etc. There'll always be something. Start at the basics. You have a roof over your head. Go from there.
- Talk. Sometimes just talking to your best friend can really solve the issue. Chat to them about how you feel and the way you think it may be effecting your friendship. You may be surprised to find them confessing that they're jealous about something you have, too.
- Try to develop a habit. For example, everytime you have a jealous, negative thought about your best friend, do five push ups. Everytime you think a positive thought, reward yourself with your favourite candy.
- Check out the related links. They can help you on your way of overcoming your jealousy of your best friend.
- Remember that your best friend doesn't have everything. It may seem like they have it all, but there'll always be something you have that they don't. You just have to think hard to find it.
- Just be positive. Live life. Enjoy what you have.
- This will take time, so be patient and work slowly. Set small goals for yourself, or work thoroughly on each step before moving onto the next one.
Its good info and nice Blog...ReplyDelete
Visit back My Blog too..